- Highly effective pastoral systems that provide the support and direction necessary for achievement, exemplified by the excellent working relationships between staff and students.
- High expectations of academic progress, pace and challenge appropriate to each individual learner.
- An inclusive curriculum that provides challenge, motivates young people and staff and enables progression through excellent teaching, that develops students as independent learners whilst equipping them with the knowledge they need.
- Numerous opportunities for creativity, critical analysis, problem solving, decision making, communicating and collaborating whilst using new technologies.
- Effective opportunities for the student voice to be heard and student leadership to be developed.
- Effective partnerships with parents as well as local, national and international communities.
- High quality teaching and support delivered by dedicated and well-informed staff.
As Headteacher, I see it as my responsibility to ensure that Anthony Gell is a community in which learners are safe, happy, well supported and inspired. Within this learning environment, students are confident, aware of their potential and work hard in order to achieve academic excellence and self-fulfilment. Students and staff share a sense of pride in our collective achievements and a sense of belonging to something quite special.
Our academic results are higher than ever and the quality of our sporting, artistic and community work goes from strength to strength.
Our teaching and support staff are outstanding and we commit significant resources to their professional development. Our students are eager to learn and justifiably proud of their school.
We are always open to visitors and would be happy to welcome you into school so you can appreciate the exceptional learning atmosphere that exists here at Anthony Gell.