At all key stages, Drama aims to help students become skilled in a wide range of transferable skills including:
- Developing an open mind and the ability to experiment with different ideas;
- Confidence, self- presentation and communication skills;
- Teamwork, collaboration and leadership;
- Time management, stamina and organisational skills;
- Self-awareness and self-discipline;
- The opportunity to explore and enact human experience through drama;
- The ability to manage and learn from constructive feedback.
These skills become more of a focus at key stage 4 and 5
- An enjoyment and appreciation of live theatre;
- An appreciation of the technical and historical aspects of drama and theatre;
- An understanding of the place and function of Drama in modern society;
Drama does this by
- Using engaging schemes of work that are designed to be accessible to all.
- Creating a safe and encouraging environment for students to explore in.
- Having fun!