Section 8 Inspection (a one day monitoring visit)
This school continues to be Good.
- "Strong and effective leadership and...a committed staff team."
- "...successfully combining the school's long-standing caring and compassionate ethos with a greater focus on ensuring that pupils achieve in line with their capabilities."
- "A more aspirational culture."
- "Teachers and pupils have very positive relationships. As a result, pupils behave well in lessons."
- "Pupils demonstrate positive attitudes to learning and take pride in their work."
- " A strong culture of safeguarding exists in the school."
- "...current pupils are on track to achieve ambitious targets and make even better progress."
- "...a higher proportion of pupils and students attaining the highest grades across the range of subject in GCSE and A Level."
Section 5 Inspection
Anthony Gell is a Good school.
- "Students’ behaviour is excellent. They are very diligent with their work, courteous and highly motivated to succeed."
"All groups of students make good progress and achieve well."
"There are very positive working relationships between students and teachers in all subjects and students’ willingness to work together on challenging tasks is often impressive."
"Teachers set homework regularly and use it to extend students’ learning appropriately. The range of the work is stimulating and students complete it conscientiously."
"Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of their community school. Several wrote to inspectors commending its work."
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time; you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected. You can also look at parent view results. Click on the link below.